This article we will describe how to enhance a Pie Chart by using the SoftEdge or Concave value, using SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services. These values are available only on a 2D Pie Chart. The image below illustrates both SoftEdge and Concave styles, respectively. We will be using Report Builder 3.0 for this example.
This article assumes the following:
- SQL Server 2008 and Reporting Services installed
- Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) or Report Builder 3.0
- AdventureWorks database
- Experience working with Reporting Services
Set the PieDrawingStyle Property
1) Insert a Pie or Doughnut chart to your desgin surface.
2) Click on the Series section of the Chart. You should see the Series properties on the right Properties Pane.
3) From within the Properties Pane, scroll down to the General section and expand Custom Attributes.
4) Select the property PieDrawingStyle and select the SoftEdge value from the dropdown list.
Your chart should look similar to the image below
5) Try changing the PieDrawingStyle to Concave to test other styles.